2 strapping it with two August 23 2016, 0 Comments
As a new mom of 2, I can honestly say I need about 8 arms to get through the day, more so when we out and about. Outings are strategically planned when you have a 4 year old and new baby in tow. So this time around I opted for a backpack baby bag to free up my hands just to make things a little easier when on the move. Those that know me know I am a streamline packer, I accredit that to years of travelling so my baby bag is no different. I wanted something small but practical and that doesn't scream 'baby' as I would need it for my day to day activities too. Although I would have loved a leather baby bag I found it quite bulky and as a mom and business woman on the move I needed light-weight for sure.
I stumbled across Sivart on Instagram and immediately knew I had to have it. These backpacks are fantastic quality, locally made (bonus!) lightweight and trendy. It has 2 zipped compartments and a inside pocket for smaller items or wallet.
See the Grid backpack in action
So whats in Mina Moo's baby bag?
Streamline baby bag packing at its best!
1. Change of clothes : 1 top and 1 bottoms
2. At least 3 bibs - so I am going to be biased and say that I love Mina Moo bibs! they lightweight and instead of changing an entire outfit after a spit-up you change the bib, easy peesy! less bulk for your baby bag too :)
3. Sticky Fudge lightweight blanket - I use mine as a feeding cover too
4. 3 nappies and travel size wipes
5. Oh Lief bum balm for baby- organic and natural whats not to love! and a Oh Lief travel size aqueous cream for me - I always find my hands are dry when washing up after a nappy change. Baby sorted! Mom sorted!
5. Extras: Mina Moo dummy clip and Fox and Moon plushy/rattle
6. Sivart bag flap doubles as a change mat for baby's bottoms, although there is enough space to pack a separate change mat.
7. Extra space to do with as you please! Milk bottles? Baby snacks? Baby hat? Change mat?
The art to streamline packing is to:
* Buy travel size items or use small containers for your bum creams etc and top up as needed
* Pack items that have multiple uses
* Think about what you will be doing for that day and pack plus 1 x worse case scenario, not worse case scenario x 3 lol! I know for us moms that is probably the most difficult part as its in our female genes to have options and more options! ha ha ha
Thank me later!